The role is based in Brixton, London but will require travel to customers' sites in the UK and abroad.
Orbital Sound is a leading supplier of high quality sound and communication systems, providing products, systems and design solutions for the broadcast, theatre, event and entertainment markets. Orbital Sound supplies professional audio solutions for sale or rental to clients worldwide, with outstanding levels of technical support from its in-house resources and network of overseas business partners.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Engineer to join the Technical Support team in supporting both internal and external customers with their needs.
Purpose: Provide hardware maintenance and site support to our customers
Provide exceptional service support and customer management for Orbital customers.
• Repairing and maintaining the company's rental fleet of audio equipment and radio microphones
• Carrying out repairs and servicing for external customers
• Represent Orbital Sound to its customers, both in the UK and abroad
• Responsible for providing high level on-site support to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve a wide range of incidents and service requests
• Resolving incidents and problems both directly from customers and through Technical Support escalation
• Conducting fault diagnosis and repair of client hardware
• Implementing fixes and solutions where appropriate, either via discussing directly with customer, email or on-site
• The position will require close working with all teams in all levels of Technical Support and Engineering
• Perform all duties in a positive and professional manner and assist in the promotion of a productive team environment
• Protect and develop the company's image, approaching all service issues in a positive and effective manner, responding immediately to fault calls and service requests
• Using existing skills and knowledge as well as appropriate support resources to find resolution to customer Incidents
• Appropriate electronics engineering qualification
• Experience of SMT (Surface Mount Technologies)
• Proven practical experience of testing and repairing audio equipment at component level
• Excellent communication, customer facing skills and telephone manner are essential
• Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a calming, professional and supportive manner when dealing with clients, sometimes in difficult situations
• Excellent problem solving skills, and ability to work confidently under own initiative
• Very enthusiastic about international travel
• Must be flexible to respond to short-notice requirements and demands
• Understanding and/or experience of working in the Pro Audio, Concert Touring, Theatre, Broadcast or other similar location based industries beneficial
• Full UK driving licence and passport required
• Successful individuals will be able to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to solving customer problems and enjoy working in a service driven environment.
• They should be able use their judgement to suitably manage client issues and resolve problems.
• Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
• An ability and willingness to manage a variable number of incidents and service requests to a number of geographically dispersed customers, including internationally
• Good team working and organisational skills are essential.
An attractive package is offered.
Applicants should apply in confidence to the email address above. Motivated Graduates wanted »
What makes this role unique?
Turn your passion into your career.
Orbital is a growing business, which means that it is important to have a pipeline of individuals who will be capable of running our technology and contracts. The programme is one of the ways we ensure that we always have a supply of potential future managers flowing through the business.
What are we looking for?
On this programme, it's your attitude and outlook more than your degree discipline that matters.
We are looking for people with a passion for customer service; people who want to work where work is travel; people with drive and ambition; people with technical skills and a technical brain; people who want to build teams and create a vision for others to follow; people who have an innovative way of doing things; people who understand the importance of the commercial viability of their plans. We are looking for people who will help us grow our organisation further and take it from strength to strength.
What we are looking for: If you fit this profile and are a proactive self-starter, ambitious, driven, personable and full of energy and enthusiasm to create opportunities and question the accepted – this programme is for you. You need the following to apply;
* Some relevant business work experience
* Fully geographically mobile
* Proven extra-curricular achievements relevant to Orbital
* Creative thinking and commercial acumen
* Drive and ambition
* Good communication and rapport building skills
Work Experience Opportunities »
Orbital Sound prides itself on the ability to excite and inspire people about the sound industry.
Whether your still in education, just starting out or would like a career change, volunteering at Orbital can give you the opportunity to gain practical experience and crucial understanding into a working environment.
Through our training, experience and further education our students can progress into full time employment in this exciting industry.
Please send your CV and Ideal dates to the email address above. Freelance Sound Engineers »
We are always on the look out for freelance engineers, riggers and operators to staff our varied productions.
If you are someone we already know and want to advise us of your availability, or if you are someone new to us and are seeking freelance work, please e-mail us your details to the address above.