Purpose: A Technical Engineer with expertise in pro-audio computing and IT with proven communication skills and co-ordination experience.
Location: The role is based in Brixton, London but will require some travel to customers' sites in the UK and abroad.
About Orbital: Orbital Sound is a leading rental, installation and sales provider of high-quality pro-audio sound and communication systems. We provide equipment and design solutions for the theatre, broadcast, event and entertainment markets.
Our speciality is sound - technology, training, support, guidance and advice, in any part of the globe
An opportunity has arisen to join the Technical team in assisting both internal and external customers with their needs.
• Preparing, configuring & testing rental & sales computer systems for despatch in conjunction with other technical engineers.
• Repairing client and rental stock equipment in conjunction with other technical engineers.
• RF planning, co-ordination and administration with OFCOM
• Co-ordination of external repairs, both with clients & suppliers
• Organising repair of hire stock items from manufacturers where spare parts/service info is not available for in house repair
• Liaising with Transport Dept regarding booking of transport
• Responsible for taking and sorting Technical & Support enquiries from both within the company and from clients
Some Additional Responsibilities:
• Booking replacement equipment into the computer system, from internal, external & online requests
• Proven industry experience of IT systems in both Mac OS and Windows.
• Knowledge of computer playbacks systems, including Qlab, CSC, ProTools, Reaper, MIDI and OSC
• Knowledge of computer control networks, including WIFI and VNC
• Technical knowledge of digital pro-audio products including digital mixing consoles
• Ability to represent the company onsite in front of the client in pressured environments where faults need to be diagnosed and rectified
• Understanding and/or experience of working in the Pro Audio, Concert Touring, Theatre, Broadcast or other similar location-based industries
• Excellent communication, customer facing skills and telephone manner are essential
• Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a calming, professional and supportive manner when dealing with clients, sometimes in difficult situations
• Excellent problem-solving skills, and ability to work confidently under own initiative
• Must be flexible to respond to short-notice requirements and demands
• Full UK driving licence and passport required
• Successful individuals will be able to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to solving customer problems and enjoy working in a service driven environment.
• You should be able use your judgement to suitably manage client issues and resolve problems.
• Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
• An ability and willingness to manage a variable number of incidents and service requests to a variety of geographically dispersed customers
• Good team working and organisational skills are essential.
An attractive package is offered.
Applicants should apply in confidence to the email address below.
Motivated Graduates wanted »
What makes this role unique?
Turn your passion into your career.
Orbital is a growing business, which means that it is important to have a pipeline of individuals who will be capable of running our technology and contracts. The programme is one of the ways we ensure that we always have a supply of potential future managers flowing through the business.
What are we looking for?
On this programme, it's your attitude and outlook more than your degree discipline that matters.
We are looking for people with a passion for customer service; people who want to work where work is travel; people with drive and ambition; people with technical skills and a technical brain; people who want to build teams and create a vision for others to follow; people who have an innovative way of doing things; people who understand the importance of the commercial viability of their plans. We are looking for people who will help us grow our organisation further and take it from strength to strength.
What we are looking for: If you fit this profile and are a proactive self-starter, ambitious, driven, personable and full of energy and enthusiasm to create opportunities and question the accepted – this programme is for you. You need the following to apply;
* Some relevant business work experience
* Fully geographically mobile
* Proven extra-curricular achievements relevant to Orbital
* Creative thinking and commercial acumen
* Drive and ambition
* Good communication and rapport building skills
Please send your proposal to:-
Work Experience Opportunities »
Orbital Sound prides itself on the ability to excite and inspire people about the sound industry.
Whether your still in education, just starting out or would like a career change, volunteering at Orbital can give you the opportunity to gain practical experience and crucial understanding into a working environment.
Through our training, experience and further education our students can progress into full time employment in this exciting industry.
Please send your CV and preferred dates to:-
Freelance Sound Engineers »
We are always on the look out for freelance engineers, riggers and operators to staff our varied productions.
If you are someone we already know and want to advise us of your availability, or if you are someone new to us and are seeking freelance work, please e-mail us your details to the address below.