Orbital Sound is a leading supplier of sound and communication systems for theatre, live events, conferences and television. We are currently looking to recruit an aspiring Sales Professional to work within our fast-paced Sales department.
Location: Brixton, London, SW2 5TN
Hours: Full time, 9.30 – 6.00 p.m. Monday to Friday
Status: Permanent (subject to probationary period)
Remuneration: £22,500 > £30,000 depending on experience and what you can bring to us (plus benefits)
An excellent opportunity for a strong all-rounder who wants to secure a central career path within the company and industry, this is a varied role that requires an individual with a methodical and outgoing approach.
Responsibilities will include:
• First point of contact for sales calls, emails and enquiries
• Offer informed advice to clients on best options available to them
• Prepare sale quotations to customers
• Prepare ex-rental sale quotations to customers
• Prepare installation and project data costs for project managers
• Carry out site visits where necessary
• Follow up on sales quotations
• Communicate lead times with customers
• Process online orders
• Liaise closely with purchasing department
• Liaise with warehouse and wiring department on daily/weekly workloads
• Maintaining web shops
• Oversee sales department invoicing
• Prepare weekly and monthly sales reports to the directors
• Assist in the organisation and manning of exhibitions
• Carry out product training to staff and customers
• Attend internal and supplier's training as required
• Become a key player in the communication and interaction of all departments
• Liaison with Accounts on Orders and Invoices
• Maintaining price listings in a database environment
• Coordinating all purchasing between the Hire and Sales departments
• Raising and accountability for Orders
• Overseeing Sales Department stock control
Once trained there is a clear path for further responsibilities and duties
Full training will be given on products, software and services. A detailed breakdown of the duties is available prior to interview.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Excellent customer service skills and a pleasant professional telephone manner
• Good working knowledge of Excel and Word essential
• Knowledge of Pipeline CRM software and TBS Systems Software preferable
• The ability to follow processes and work methodically
• The ability to work quickly under pressure without compromising attention to detail
• Positive 'can do' flexible attitude
• A quick learner used to working with coded product / parts etc with an general overall knowledge of professional sound and communications equipment.
• Someone who can take on responsibility, is not afraid to ask, but above all has an outgoing and positive view to life.
• A desire to learn and then lead. This roll has few future boundaries and would suit someone prepared to put in mid-term effort for long term reward within the company.
GCSE in Maths and English, Grade C or above (or equivalent)
Previous experience in a similar role, or in a rental role in a similar field
A logistics, customer support or sales order processing background or experience
Previous knowledge of the sound / communications industry in warehouse or admin or onsite roles
Applicants should apply with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 14 April 2019
Motivated Graduates wanted »
What makes this role unique?
Turn your passion into your career.
Orbital is a growing business, which means that it is important to have a pipeline of individuals who will be capable of running our technology and contracts. The programme is one of the ways we ensure that we always have a supply of potential future managers flowing through the business.
What are we looking for?
On this programme, it's your attitude and outlook more than your degree discipline that matters.
We are looking for people with a passion for customer service; people who want to work where work is travel; people with drive and ambition; people with technical skills and a technical brain; people who want to build teams and create a vision for others to follow; people who have an innovative way of doing things; people who understand the importance of the commercial viability of their plans. We are looking for people who will help us grow our organisation further and take it from strength to strength.
What we are looking for: If you fit this profile and are a proactive self-starter, ambitious, driven, personable and full of energy and enthusiasm to create opportunities and question the accepted – this programme is for you. You need the following to apply;
* Some relevant business work experience
* Fully geographically mobile
* Proven extra-curricular achievements relevant to Orbital
* Creative thinking and commercial acumen
* Drive and ambition
* Good communication and rapport building skills
Please send your proposal to:-
Work Experience Opportunities »
Orbital Sound prides itself on the ability to excite and inspire people about the sound industry.
Whether your still in education, just starting out or would like a career change, volunteering at Orbital can give you the opportunity to gain practical experience and crucial understanding into a working environment.
Through our training, experience and further education our students can progress into full time employment in this exciting industry.
Please send your CV and preferred dates to:-
Freelance Sound Engineers »
We are always on the look out for freelance engineers, riggers and operators to staff our varied productions.
If you are someone we already know and want to advise us of your availability, or if you are someone new to us and are seeking freelance work, please e-mail us your details to the address below.